Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Tasks to Accomplish

In addition to identifying the names, vital dates, ages, occupations, family members, geography, heritage, etc. of all ancestors who, according to the information we currently have, were alive in the Spring of 1820, we will over time continue to add photos and personal life stories and commentaries and whatever we can learn about them, to fill in blanks and correct errors, the best we can.  

In 1820, my direct ancestors included over 48 adults (over 24 couples) and their families, which at this point I have categorized into 15 extended families.  In some cases, the couples were still single, even quite young, but especially where their parents had passed away by 1820, younger ones will be our starting point of reference. 

These couples are first listed below in order starting with my pedigree chart’s top branch, my father’s father’s father, etc., then proceeding to the bottom-most branch, my mother’s mother’s mother, etc.  16 couples (32 of these 48 adults) were my father’s half of my G7, my great great great great grandparents through him.  The other 8 couples (16 adults) were my mother’s half of my G6, my great great great grandparents through her. 

My father is the oldest child and my mother the youngest in their respective families.  I am the oldest in my family.  In the 129 years from 1820 to my birth in 1949, my father’s side had 7 generations and my mother 6 or 7. 

After listing individuals and couples and families and basic information about them, we will overview the 15 families at the time of 1820.  Then we will begin to compile more details of life stories within each of the families separately.  As the generations follow, we will try to gradually synthesize the history of the 15 families down to the present. 

For Lorraine’s ancestry, stories and photos have yet to be posted on FSFT.  Even the identities of at least six couples that were living in the Spring of 1820 are currently unknown, but over coming months and years that will change as more research is done and shared, as FSFT is put to serious use. 

This is not like Prelude to Glory or Work and Glory. We deal only with real people in real families, and while we will include selective notes from Church history and secular history for perspective, we will not have all those lovely touches that make an historical fiction novel so much more readable.  We will try to flag known blank spots to fill in as we get more stories and photos and verification of facts, to compile a book of remembrance or book of life, trying our combined best over time to make it as readable as possible.  We invite your feedback, suggestions, helpfulness and candor.  Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment